Thursday 15 June 2017

Cruisn' for a Cause

BY LAUREN FREEMANTLE and JESSICA ROUSE

Having already raised $26,000 for cancer research at a fun day last year, Raworth resident Linda Bullent is aiming to go even higher with her Cruisn' for a Cause fundraising event in July.

Linda is hoping to raise $30,000 for cancer research and describes the event as an 'amazing race without the race.'

She has been touched by cancer personally suffering from breast cancer herself, but a form which doesn't have a cure.

"If I could raise $30,000 that would make me incredibly happy, it's good to set targets I think. Now I'm not going to get better, that's the sad truth but what the fundraising does is it makes me feel as if I'm trying to help people in the future," said Linda.

Cruisn' for a Cause will be held on 1st July comprising of a scavenger hunt stretching from Maitland to Port Macquarie and it's looking like a fantastic event, with tickets available online at Sticky Tickets.

Linda's aim is to raise $30,000, but really she just want to raise as much money as possible for vital cancer research.

"There's no cure for secondary triple negative breast cancer at the moment so research is absolutely critical, so I asked the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation that a greater proportion of my fundraising goes to research but it also goes to help support people in the Hunter region, families who are suffering with cancer from somebody in the family and people who've had losses."